I used to find meditation a chore.
It was something I "should" do because it was "good for me." 🙄
Now, meditation is the best part of my day. 😀 What changed?
First, the backstory:
- I devoted 10 years of my life to understanding how the human mind works as a neuroscientist PhD.
- Despite publishing papers that have been cited thousands of times by other scientists, I knew that what I sought for was spiritual in nature--science alone didn't provide the answer.
- Hence, I immersed myself in studying from world-renowned Buddhist teachers, and used my scientific training to understand how meditative practices can influence the human mind and lead to lasting happiness.
- In the beginning, I forced myself to meditate, and went through periods of intense sitting followed by periods of neglect. I also didn't feel like I was "getting anywhere."
- After many years of practice and study, I've synthesized the most helpful Buddhist teachings for transforming meditation into a joyous practice, so that it can become a sustainable life habit for you.
This book is for you if:
- You occasionally meditate but want to make it a regular habit
- You meditate regularly but find it an obligation, and it has lost its shine over time
- You want to read a Buddhist book that is fun and not confusing
This book is NOT for you if:
- You don't know if you want to meditate or if meditation does anything (there are better resources for this!)
- You don't want to read a book about contextualizing ancient Buddhist teachings for modern relevance
Why you should listen to me
- I have spent 10 years doing neuroscience research, and 8 years in the biotech industry specializing in educating healthcare professionals and patients. My specialty is transforming highly-technical information into bite-sized and actionable knowledge.
- I've been a Buddhist practitioner for the past 17 years, and serve as the Treasurer for the Alliance for Bhikkhunis (Buddhist nuns), Neighborhood group leader for Insight Meditation Center, and practice as a Upāsikā (lay devotee) under the guidance of Clear Mountain Monastery.
- I interweave science and spirituality to figure out why meditation used to suck for me, and now does not suck at all (in fact, very enjoyable!)
Special Bonus only with Pre-Orders
- Two (2) 15-min meditation diagnostic sessions provided with each pre-order!
If you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase, or it's not what you were expecting, just reply to the download email within 30 days, and you'll get a full refund. No questions asked.
This is a PRE-ORDER: You will receive your book and a link to book two (2) 15-min meditation diagnostic sessions on July 1st, 2022.
- This is a PRE-ORDER: You will receive your book and a link to book two (2) 15-min meditation diagnostic sessions on July 1st, 2022.