I used to find meditation a chore.
It was something I "should" do because it was "good for me." 🙄
Now, meditation is the best part of my day. 😀 What changed?
First, the backstory:
- I devoted 10 years of my life to understanding how the human mind works as a neuroscientist PhD.
- Despite publishing papers that have been cited thousands of times by other scientists, I knew that what I sought for was spiritual in nature--science alone didn't provide the answer.
- Hence, I immersed myself in studying from world-renowned Buddhist teachers, and used my scientific training to understand how meditative practices can influence the human mind and lead to lasting happiness.
- In the beginning, I forced myself to meditate, and went through periods of intense sitting followed by periods of neglect. I also didn't feel like I was "getting anywhere."
- After many years of practice and study, I've synthesized the most helpful Buddhist teachings for transforming meditation into a joyous practice, so that it can become a sustainable life habit for you.
This book is for you if:
- You occasionally meditate but want to make it a regular habit
- You meditate regularly but find it an obligation, and it has lost its shine over time
- You want to read a Buddhist book that is fun and not confusing
This book is NOT for you if:
- You don't know if you want to meditate or if meditation does anything (there are better resources for this!)
- You don't want to read a book about contextualizing ancient Buddhist teachings for modern relevance
Why you should listen to me
- I have spent 10 years doing neuroscience research, and 8 years in the biotech industry specializing in educating healthcare professionals and patients. My specialty is transforming highly-technical information into bite-sized and actionable knowledge.
- I've been a Buddhist practitioner for the past 17 years, and serve as the Treasurer for the Alliance for Bhikkhunis (Buddhist nuns), Neighborhood group leader for Insight Meditation Center, and practice as a Upāsikā (lay devotee) under the guidance of Clear Mountain Monastery.
- I interweave science and spirituality to figure out why meditation used to suck for me, and now does not suck at all (in fact, very enjoyable!)
If this book is beyond your budget
- Please email me at email@example.com and I will send you a code to get this book for FREE.
If you're not 100% satisfied with the purchase, or it's not what you were expecting, just reply to the download email within 30 days, and you'll get a full refund. No questions asked.
You will receive an ebook PDF of Debug Your Meditation, First Edition.